Frequently Asked Questions
• Do not soak nails before painting, this lessens wear time.
• When filing, slightly bevel the nail edges from top edge to bottom edge.
• Prep nails by wiping with a small amount of remover and then rinsing under plain water, dry well
• Kapa Nui products are made to be used together and not mixed with other nail products.
• Shake or swirl the color coat well before use. Settling is normal.
• Always use the dual Base-Top Coat before and after the color. • • As a Top Coat this provides chip resistance and longer wear.
• Apply a Shine or Matte layer over the Top Coat if these looks are desired.
• Apply all coats in thin layers
• For every layer, base, color, top, shine or matte coats: assure each layer is dry before the next application and cover the nail edges with applications.
• Complete hardening occurs 4-6 hours after application, defer rough and prolonged water exposure during this time. Ideally apply polish at night and allow to cure overnight.
• Streaking of the first coat for nude colors is common. This resolves with 1-2 repeat coats, as desired for color.
• Brushing over the first layer before dry will increase streaking.
• Nudes and pastels may streak more often. If they have thickened with air exposure, dilute with one drop of water and shake well.
• Streaking is worsened with cold hands.
• Wipe off any unwanted polish on skin, cuticles with cotton or stick.
• For longer wear, repeat a quick application of Top, Shine or Matte coat after 3-4 days.
• If you have any spills, wash immediately with water .
• Our Polish must be removed with Kapa Nui Remover. Acetone removers will not work.
• Removal: Generously apply gel to cover the nail, do not disturb once laid down.
• Wait 60 seconds, do not let the remover dry or it will have to be re-applied. Rub with cotton pad or paper towel to remove.
• Use of our Remover Pad: If you find you have dry nails or are wearing dark colors, you may need to use our Remover Pad for ease of removal: apply the pad to the nail after the Remover gel is laid down, wait 60 seconds and wipe off with the pad. Rinse the pads in water immediately after use for recommended re-use.
• Use for dry nails, splitting, ridges that occur with aging and artificial chemical damage: Apply nightly for 30 days for repair, do not use nail polish during this time. Rinse off in the morning with water.
• For maintenance and conditioning: apply nightly for 3-4 days every 2 weeks.
• If your nails are chronically exposed to chemicals, detergents, soaps; you may find long term use is necessary.
• Wipe the tops off all bottles before closing. Store colors upright and away from sunlight.
• As a water based product, freezing may occur in winter, thaw in warm water or at room temperature. Quality is assured through two freeze/thaw cycles.
• Color coats have been known to perform well 6-8 years after production. Best used within three years.
Yes! We are PETA Certified vegan and cruelty free. No animal products or animal testing are done for any of our products. Read PETA's 'The Standard' on Non-Animal testing. No wheat products are included in any of our products.
Yes! for more information on this subject see our Learn More page.
Polish Color Coats: water, acrylates copolymer. (may contain red and/or violet lakes, ultramarine blue, and/or titanium, chromium, and iron oxides)
Base & To Coat: 1-methoxy-2-propanol
Shine Coat: water, acrylates copolymers, texanol( alcohol ester)
Matte Coat: water, acrylates copolymers, texanol( alcohol ester), silica
Polish Remover: 1,3-dioxolane
Nail Repair: water, hydroxypropylchitosan
Notes: acrylates copolymer is as an emulsion, therefore no plastic microbead byproducts
chromium pigment is in the form of hydroxide